Goodbye.
I stepped through my mirror today
Just to see.
Looked out the window at the purple leaves
and the spiders having tea.
The sky was red, from passion.
I walked through the window for there were no walls.
"Yeah! When pigs walk!" I heard the elderly girl exclaim.
And sure as stars they were up dancing on clouds.
Shoes for money!
Who woulda thought?
No thorns or stones to prick us now.
Hand me my rainbow quilt,
we'll dive into the sand mirage
And spend the dight and the nay playing dolls.
But don't forget your wising basket to cast.
Please throw away my artificial frown.
Don't forget to see the ice cream man for your cough.
Lemony Lime with a hint of Cherry.
cherry soda pop
Thank you for the remembrance, I'll put it under the tree.
But don't forget to give my love to the mirror world.
Hello.
I stepped through my mirror today.
Just to...live.
Looked out the clouded window at the brown leaves
and the spiders killing the bees.
The sky was blue, but not for long.
I walked through the guilded door, there were no lights this time.
"Yeah, when peace prevails!" I heard a man say.
And sure as death, there were resounds of gunshots.
Lives for money!
That's reality.
No love or smiles to save us now.
Hand me my camouflage.
We'll dive into the mud stained
And spend today and tomorrow playing war.
But don't forget your checkbook and Bible.
Make sure to stomp my smile til it's crooked.
Don't forget to go to the waiting room for your cough.
Antiseptic Advil Zoloft
Coco Cola McDonald's
Thank you for the hate, I'll be sure to pass it on.
But don't forget to give my criticisms to the mirror world.
Goodbye.
I stepped through my mirror today.
(i have never been as proud of a poem before and yet to write one of the same magnitude in my mind.)
-Hailey Pawl 2007
