Sunday, July 25, 2010

Living Dream

Row, row, row your boat.

We are going to save the city tonight.
Blow it up like a dandelion seed in the breeze.
Mmmm breathe in the ash.
Revolution.
Death.
The image conjured by the eye's artist when the word "revolution" is uttered/yelled/mourned.

Gently down the stream.

We are going to save ourselves tonight.
Close our eyes and travel farther than anyone has in the world.
Travel inside ourselves to discover something that is too often covered up with the ego's masks.
Discovering something that is untainted by human emotions.
Something that is connecting me to everything.
Love.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

I'm holding your hand as we watch this city be blown up like a dandelion seed but I don't feel the ash fall on my face.
Instead I feel something travel into my hand from yours, up my arm and into my heart.
Light flows out of my heart and yours.
Out of my eyes and yours.
We are protected in a light bubble from this devastation.

Because after all,
life is but a dream.