Sunday, September 5, 2010

L is for the way you look at me....

Green sweaters and cotton candy.
I want to describe the end of the world to you.
It will be the same type of feeling that you get when you turn the last page of a really good book.
The story has ended. the characters are no more.
But a new book is waiting to be opened, its pages creased and its corners folded.
doggy-ear style.
Sometimes I want to live inside the books i read.
They seem so much better than the life I am living.
But when i look up from the page and into your eyes I know that I am already writing my own book.

Lilac dresses and lemonade.
I want to describe the beginning of the world to you.
It will be the same type of feeling that you get when you jump into an icy pool in the afternoon of a hot summer day.
the deep end.
A shock of cold that you feel to your bones,
but oh so slowly you get used to the water,
and never want to get out.

Tight red pants and turqouise crayons.
I want to describe love to you.
Breathe a deep breath and think of something that will make you laugh out loud.
did you feel that?
love.