Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cooperative Living.

Fuck.

I am going to be living in the Newman co-op next year and then hopefully in the Biko house once a spot opens up.

I am super excited.
And I am not going to lie....I kind of want a boy roommate.
Girls are chill though....

As long as they are comfortable with me walking around naked in the mornings and me taking 30 minute showers :)

Ah! I think I may finally have a place to call my own though.
This year I did not belong anywhere.
I don't have a room at home in Santa Maria, I don't have a room at my aunts, and I don't have a room at Sandy and David's to call my own. (Although I am eternally grateful for their hospitality.)

I will finally have half a sanctuary.
I am going to paint a mural on my wall.
I am going to write poetry on my walls.
I am going to put up all my art that has been hidden these past 2 years all around the apartment.
I am going to have a shrine dedicated to air fairies in my room.
I can display all my wonderful books.
I can finally have my granny's quilt and my beautiful 60's flower comforter on my OWN bed.
I can play my record player and dance around again!
I am going to perfect my sandwich making and salad tossing.
I am going to make banana pudding next year...southern style.
Who knows?
If I am financially OK I might even get a kitty all my own.

Mhm. Next year is going to be wonderful. I just know it :)